Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Our Day Finally Came!

Tuesday, January 24th, will be a day we will remember always.  We got the call for our little boy!!!  Here's the basics of the story:  On Monday Josh and I were dreaming about how it would really be great to get the call on Monday or Tuesday, so we'd have time to do all the paperwork and everything before I left for the Created for Care retreat on Thursday.  Of course we then joked that we were sure we'd really get the call on Thursday or Friday while I was driving.  It was a huge blessing that it actually happened on Tuesday and we were able to be together.  Hallie had enjoyed a fun gymnastics class and a "fun" grocery trip and were on our way home after a drive-thru stop at Chick-fil-a.  We had made it to our neighborhood when my car picked up a phone call.  At first it just rings a regular ring, so I thought it was just Josh or my mom (sorry for the just you two).  But then it started singing "Love will Hold us Together," my special ringtone reserved only for our caseworker, "T."  I felt my heart skip a beat and picked up it immediately. I was fairly certain she wouldn't be calling for any other reason than the real thing.  She asked me how I was doing and of course (real life here, readers) while she was saying, "Well, I have a little boy to talk to you about," Hallie was in the backseat whining really loud about something and I'm trying to shush her so I can hear that most famous line.  :c)  I told her I would call Josh and get him to come home, which I did immediately, and of course it felt like it took five hours for him to get home.  I literally paced the floor until he got there, which was actually really quick.  We called T back and started the journey of learning all about our son!  I can't give any identifying information on here other than saying he's four weeks old (so little!), weighs eight pounds, and is absolutely adorable!!!  We are already in love.  Can't post pictures until we get home, but if you see us in person, you better believe we have some with us to show off!  And yes, that is his sweet hand giving us the thumbs up!  :c)

What's our next step?  We wait on a court date.  It could take 4-8 weeks to get that date, and then travel soon after that, or wait a little longer to go.  Praying we'll be able to go over sometime in mid/late March, but we'll see.  THANK YOU for your prayers...specifically pray for our little guy and his health, his birthmother who will also have to appear in court, and for a court date in mid/late March to be granted to us by the Ethiopian court system.  We'll keep you posted!   

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU know Grammy and Poppy can not stop beaming!!! LOVE your details of the whole process!! LOVED our time time at wonderful Created 4 Care conference!! perfect timing! LOVE love love him already! LOVE and praying him home!!! Along with so many of your friends too-- Kyle and Wendy too!!! LOVE MOM and DAD

Rebekah said...

So excited for you!! And praise God for His faithful timing!

Abbie said...

Congratulations again! I got goosebumps again reading your sweet post. We can't wait to see the pictures of your precious little boy and know that he's home with you. Hope you had fun at the conference! :)

The Cook Family said...

woohoooooo!!!!! Yay!!!! So excited for you guys!!

linda said...

Praying for a quick court date.
Loved spending the weekend with you and your Mom.

Isaac&Kyle said...

Praising God for my *adorable* nephew Silas! And praying that you get to bring him home asap!!! I've seen his sweet pictures, everybody-he really is SO handsome!!!

Anonymous said...

Kelly, Josh & Miss Hallie Grace

Sorry we're a lil' late in posting... story of our lives...lol. We are sooooooooo excited for all of you!!! He is SOOOOOOOO adorable, and yes, he has pawpaw's nose...LOL. Can hardly wait to hold him and spoil him rotten...jk...lol.

Please know that we're praying for him and ya'll. God will continue in His own timing, which is always perfect. Keep trusting and believing. He WILL take care of your lil' guy!!!

Love Ya'll, Mawmaw and Pawpaw

The Cherry Blossom Travellers said...

Praise the Lord!!! What a wonderful blessing - for you and this sweet little boy! We're excited for you guys!!!

Rebekah said...

We are SO thrilled for you all! You have been so patient on the Lord in the timing of bringing your sweet little man home. I wish I still living in Lexington so that I could see his picture!! We are praying for the rest of your journey to go quickly and smoothly. Prayers and Love!!