It really was not my intention to blog about our referral call and then leave our loyal readers hanging for weeks on end. I am truly sorry for doing that! The weeks after our referral have been wild, with the paperwork and everything for that in addition to the massive project of getting our house ready to put on the market. We have been quite busy with those things as you can imagine. Then add to that me getting a bad sinus infection, Josh coming down with something flu-like, and then Hallie getting the worst of it and being down and out for an entire week. She had a fever between 102-104 for the majority of six days...poor girl! And poor parents who had to wake up many times every night to give medicine, administer cold wash rags to her head, and hold a trash can for her while she threw up (she did this when the fever spiked high...including once in the doctor's office waiting room...wow). It was pretty pitiful and we are very, very thankful she is better now!
We don't have any exciting court date news to share with you yet. We are hoping we will get to travel sometime in March, but really don't have any way of knowing for sure until we get the call from our agency. Our little guy has been sick with pneumonia, so please keep him in your prayers. The babies at Hannah's Hope have been passing upper respiratory stuff around like crazy and it is quite hard to be so far away and not be able to comfort him. My friend Angie is there in Ethiopia right now meeting her boy for the first time and hopefully will get a peek at little Silas while she's there and pass on an update.
One thing that happened after our referral that I haven't blogged about yet is the Created for Care retreat. Oh, what a blessing that was for me! My mom was able to come with me this year (praise God for healing her back enough that she could be there, so awesome to have her as my support) as well as my dear Kyle and her sweet mom Linda. We learned a lot about adoption related issues, but more importantly had a precious time connecting with other ladies in the same boat as us and connecting with the most important of all, our Savior who loves us through this rollercoaster journey! We all had so many God-moments that I really would be writing for days if I told you about all of them, but His presence was definitely felt in a big way! I have to say I was quite a bit more popular this year than last, because we had gotten our referral three days prior to the retreat, so my amazing AGCI family was very excited to see me...well...actually...HIM. :c) I showed off his adorable face to at least a hundred people over the weekend and felt like a truly proud Momma. I know each and every woman there left encouraged and already looking forward to next year.
In our well moments at home, we've had some good times at Hallie's soccer, Josh's church league basketball games, and visiting with family. I'm just going to post some pictures from the last couple of months that I've been slacking. Will do my best to do better! :c)
Monday, February 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Love love update sweetie!!! YOU all have been slammed with sickness and activities and lots of prayers from TN and Grammy and Poppy big time!!! can't wait to see ya this week and some some serious days with hours of talking and laughing!! LOVED our time at The retreat with Linda and Kyle And 450 others!So So SO GOD filled!! LOVE you all So!! MOM and DAD / GrAmmy and Poppy
Kelly, Thanks so very much for posting these photos (even though it appears my head is falling off and will roll at any time ...lol)! For some reason, I always 'tilt'... Love to read your writing and understand how difficult it is for you, Josh and Hallie Grace to wait. (Probably not the 'depth' of your difficulty, but do definitely support you and we're sending many prayers up for each of you.)
You're probably getting tired of hearing this, but one more time... God's timing is always perfect. Even though sometimes he wants us to wait... Try and take comfort that HE will never be wrong in the timing. HE always insures that it will be perfect!!! Kelly, I would also like to pass along something I heard from a teacher... "The flesh can sometimes start out with a bang.....and in mid-way, wonder why the road is so 'tough'....but try and keep in mind that 'the end result is well worth the pain to endure until the reward is achieved'!'
Keep 'hanging tough' and know we love you guys with all our hearts and will always help and support you in every possible way that we can!!!
Love Ya, Viness and Jeff/Mom and Dad/Mawmaw and Pawpaw
Post a Comment