If you are a reader who personally knows Josh, than you know that he is without a doubt in the correct profession, sports medicine (emphasis on sports). You know that Josh is passionate about his (our) teams, the Kentucky Wildcats, Indianapolis Colts (though who knows what is up with them right now...poor Peyton...) and the Cincinnati Reds. When he volunteered to provide medical converage for the Louisville Bats home games this past season, he never realized that could give him a chance to work Spring Training for the Bats' parent club, the Reds. But amazingly, it did, and the Reds flew Josh out there for nine days to help out with physicals, spring training games, etc. Needless to say, he was in seventh heaven, and I had to come join him for a couple of days to see what it was all about. :c) Plus, we were four hours from the Grand Canyon and two from Sedona, so we couldn't pass up an opportunity to see those gorgeous places for the first time. Our trip is well documented by these pretty photos, but I have to say that even the most beautiful pictures (and Josh did a really great job with them) can't emcompass the vastness and the awe-inspiring sights we saw. We were truly amazed by God's creation and spent much of the day humming worship songs and even praying together to praise Him for His masterpieces!
Side notes: *I really had a hard time choosing, so please forgive the amount of photos! :c)
*Major shoutout to the Johnsons, who watched Hallie for us, and went above and beyond the typical grandparent call of duty by taking Hallie to the doctor two times during those three days and waking up to give medicine many times throughout the nights, as she got really sick while we were gone. :c( We were so worried about her, but they took great care of her throughout, and thankfully she is better now!
*The catcus was on our drive up to Sedona/Grand Canyon, the next five are at the Grand Canyon, and the last ones are of Sedona. Just in case you want to book your trip and are wondering! :c)
*The one of Josh where he looks like he is on the edge of the canyon...he may tell you it is an optical illusion, but I disagree. I think he was on the edge of the canyon, and was like that most of the day. My heart was seriously in my throat much of the time we were there, and it wasn't because *I* was anywhere close to the edge. :c)
Friday, March 16, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
LOVE love love the pics and words!! I had blast being with you and Hallie Grace that week too !! Josh is just beaming!! Gmo and I went into that pretty pretty church with our Tauck Tour group!! We stayed two night at the Lodge right at Grand Caynon and could have stayed a week!! But Sedona!!! We knew you would feel Gods presence there too!! Unreal!! LOVE you three! Love the pics and thanks for posting these!!! MOM and DAD/ Grammy and Poppy-- been there with edges with your wonderful daddy many times!!!!! LOL!!!!
AMAZING Pics! I'm sure there is even more!
Words cannot express the feelings that I get when viewing these magnificent photos!!! I'm definitely in AWE... and soooooooo THANKFUL that both Josh & Kel were able to experience this wonderful, wonderful trip!!! Josh, I can hardly wait now until we are able to view the remainder of these photos. Keep 'em warm and we'll see these soon.
Josh & Kel, it was our honor to be able to take care of Hallie Grace during the time you guys were away, even when she was sick. We also were very concerned about both of you as we could feel the hurt you were experiencing being so far away from Hallie Grace. We tried to take the best of care of her, and would do it again in a heartbeat. (BTW... This did confirm that we were correct at least one time in our lives... we were right in having our kids when we were 'young'... this 'older age' is not quite as easy to 'bounce back from'...lol.)
Love you guys, and always, always praying for God's blessings to shower upon your family daily!!!
Mom & Dad / Vinessa & Jeff / Mawmaw & Pawpaw
What a wonderful opportunity for Josh.
When we have been in Tampa in March we love going to spring training games. So much fun.
The photo's are absolutely stunning!
I am glad Miss Hallie is feeling better.
What a wonderful opportunity for Josh.
When we have been in Tampa in March we love going to spring training games. So much fun.
The photo's are absolutely stunning!
I am glad Miss Hallie is feeling better.
Post a Comment