Well, if I haven't been a great blogger lately, hopefully you will understand why after this quick update post. Our little lady has been through the ringer the last couple of weeks! Hallie got another (this makes four in six months, with the last two being really rough) UTI/kidney infection and unfortunately, this time she was vomiting so much that she couldn't keep her medicine down, so she ended up having to be admitted to the hospital and stay for three days. :c( Pretty rough on Mommy and Daddy's hearts (and Daddy's back, as he slept on a hard couch in her room while sending me home to sleep at the house with Silas)! She had to have IV antibiotics and fluids while she was there, but was able to wean off that and back onto the oral meds to take home. It took about a week to get her back to feeling like herself, but just yesterday she said, "I feel normal now! I feel like me!" Praise the Lord! We've seen specialists and done all the testing, but still don't have any answers as to why this is happening. So please join us in praying that she doesn't get any more "pee-pee infections" because she is now (understandably) super terrified of IVs, shots, "pee-pee tests" (VCUG which she had in June), etc. and we just want her to be healthy and happy!
Just so you don't worry too much, here's some photos of her in the hospital still managing some smiles (especially when she got to come home and have some pie courtesy of Maw and Paw). Will do a happier post soon now that we are all back on our feet! :c)
Thursday, August 2, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
Kelly,
I am so sorry! I will pray for Miss Hallie Grace. On a lighter note she & Silas are precious together!!!!
LOVE love your comments sweet Kelly!! Our hearts ache seeiing precious Hallie Grace in the hospital bed!! Thanks to wonderful Jeff and Vinessa for being such huge help!!! That pie looks so yummy!! Many many many prayers for Miss Hallie to have no more pee pee problems! YOU all are the best parents!! LOVE to wonderful Silas and wonderful Hallie Grace!! MOM and DAD / Grammy and Poppy
These photos still break my heart, and as I'm typing I'm crying. I don't want any of my children, nor any of my grandchildren to ever hurt....I want to always try to help in any and every way that I can.
Josh & Kelly, always remember that no matter how old you get, you will always be our children and our babies at heart. When you hurt, we hurt. Parents never want their children to experience any kind of hurt but to always be protected from this. I know this is not possible all the time, but our children, and our grandchildren are so precious to us that we parents always want to enclose you with a field of protection. The best protection that we can provide for you and your family is prayers to God. He is the Ultimate Protector and we leave each of you in His Hands.
BTW... Terri, please never think that you have to thank us for helping our children. Thanks is never necessary, as we'll always help them in any and every way that we possibly can, AND, Jeff and I both know that you and Rick will always do the same. Love U both so very much and what great people God put in our lives with you and Rick. HE blessed us so very much!!!
Sorry for such a long comment, but it was on my heart, and I guess it spilled over....
Kelly, Josh, Hallie Grace and Silas.... Never, ever forget how much we love ya'll and how so very, very proud we are of each of you!!! You each are GEMS in our lives!!!
Love ya'll THIS MUCH ............
Mom & Dad / Vinessa & Jeff / Mawmaw & Pawpaw
Post a Comment