Monday, August 6, 2012

Brotherly Sisterly Love

One thing I haven't mentioned on the blog is Hallie's transition to being a big sister.  Well thankfully I can say she has probably had the easiest adjustment of any of us!  We realize he isn't quite stealing her toys or toddling around following her everywhere yet, but so far so good.  She really gets excited about his successes ("Look what Silas is doing!") and tries to take care of him the best she knows how.  He laughs at her a lot and she loves making him giggle, sometimes saying, "he likes me the best you know" (we'll have to work on the pride issue later, haha).  She calls him "Si-Si" (pronounced like sigh sigh, not see see) and often sings a song while rhyming his name which really doesn't work too well (Silas, Bilas, Wilas...)...she manages to make it sound cute.  Hallie seems to understand the adoption thing as much as a three (almost four) year old can...although lately she's asked a few hard questions which make me realize she's thinking about it more than we give her credit for.  Just today she asked me if Silas grew in God's belly.  I was quite confused but then I realized that it probably came because we had explained that she grew in my belly, but that Silas was adopted from Ethiopia because he needed a family and God chose us for eachother.  :c)  The love they already have for eachother is sweet to witness, and we are looking forward to that relationship growing even more as they grow up together. 


This one needs a little set up...Hallie suggested we play beach inside...so she got all her beach toys out and was "building sandcastles"...so sweet.  I left the room for a quick minute and came back to this...she said it was time to swim in the ocean and had put goggles on herself and Silas.  I was cracking up! 



 
The two cutest kiddos in the world...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE love these photos!! The ones at Marroit turned out super didn't they!! LOVE each one of these!!! Thanks sweetie for posting these!! We all just love these updates so so so!! Kisses and hugs to you four!! MOM/ dad / Grammy/ Poppy

v.s.johnson said...

Kelly, We too love these photos!!! They are great. I really liked the one with the sunglasses.... That reminded me when Josh was about the size of Hallie Grace, and he came into the living room wearing similar sunglasses....When Jeff seen him, he commented "Well, aren't you a cool dude.... Josh said, "I'm not a cold dude, daddy"...This was so cute...:-). Seems like this occurred just a few years ago...

Kelly, again, thanks for taking the time to post these photos and your articles. I know your time is extremely limited, but we do sincerely appreciate your doing so! Love these grandkids this much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND, We Love You and Josh so, so very much!!!

Thank you and Josh for sharing these unforgettable times with all of us. These are memories that we treasure and will always keep close to our hearts!!!

Love Ya'll,

Mom and Dad / Vinessa and Jeff /
Mawmaw and Pawpaw

Brianna Tenges said...

OH my goodness. This is so precious!