Tuesday, October 14, 2008

39 Week Update


Just back from the doctor and things are going well. She thinks Hallie is right around 7 pounds. I was around 90% effaced and 1, almost 2 cm dilated, plus she is completely engaged and ready to go. My OB said she really thinks they'll be seeing me soon in Labor and Delivery. Despite all that, I have had no contractions *yet*! Hopefully things will start progressing soon. I'll try to find someone to update this blog when the excitement truly begins!
Here's the babycenter update on her development: Your baby's waiting to greet the world! She continues to build a layer of fat to help control her body temperature after birth, but it's likely she already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of her skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.

I'm attaching a picture of Josh and me from my birthday on Sunday, which was a great day. Side note--my grandmother was 26 when she had my mom, my mom was 26 when she had me, and I'll be 26 when I have my daughter! :c)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can't believe she's almost here...I'm so excited!!!!!

Rebekah said...

Still no baby! I keep watching and praying!!
Love,
Rebekah