We have finished our home study visits--yay! We have also completed all of our education and it has been approved by AGCI--double yay! Dossier paperwork is finished---triple yay! Now we have to wait for our social worker to finish the home study, get it reviewed by the director of Adoption Assitance, get it reviewed by AGCI, and then make revisions. Then we will receive the official notarized copy and send it, along with the rest of our dossier, to AGCI for review. If that is approved, we will get our first official number on the waitlist! Josh is trying to prepare me that this could be up to a month away, but I am hoping and praying for 2 weeks! If you think of it, send up a prayer for little to no revisions necessary and quick turnaround between people. Thank you!
And just because people (ahem...relatives!) will be disappointed if this post includes only one picture...
By the way, the one of her eating just makes me tear up because she is such a big girl now! She's been asking to sit in the "big girl chair" so we got her a booster seat..she loves eating at the table with us now. I just can't believe how fast she is growing up!


4 comments:
That is great news! I'll be praying ;) I was going to talk with you all about the adoption on Sunday but it was crazy..;) I'm pretty sure Hallie & Jack were born on the same day..Oct 21 08?
This is Great News.. We are so excited for you and will be praying that things move quickly and smoothly.
Love these pics and all your adoption updates!! So proud of all you and Josh are doing!! Happy 6th anniversary this weekend!! Cant wait to see you all in August!! Hallie Grace is precious!! LOVE you 3 so so ! MOM and Dad/Nammy and Poppy
She is such a cutie!!!
PS...have you heard about
http://www.lifesongfororphans.org/
Life song for orphans? My friends adopting from Ethiopia just got a matching grant of $4000 dollar for dollar for any money donated to them. Might be worth looking into!!
It is only good after your homestudy, which if I am following correctly, you are there.
Post a Comment