Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Confessions of a Blogging Slacker







Hi readers! I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Kelly, the author of this blog! At least I am supposed to be. That is my cute little girl Hallie Grace in that picture in case you forgot what she looked like. In all seriousness, I am sorry that it has been so long since I posted on here. I would like to explain myself by telling you that:

A. We are still in depression after Kentucky lost to UConn in the Final Four.

Actually, that's not really the case. We celebrated making it there (see Pawpaw and Hallie's happy faces after the UNC game in the post below) and were very sad they didn't win the whole thing, but since then we have had family trips to the zoo and a Bats baseball game (as you will see in the picture--Hallie really loved Buddy the Bat this year!). As you'll see in the pictures, we switched from basketball to other sporting adventures, such as practicing teeball and going to gymnastics class. We also have had fun visits with the grandparents! So the real story is...

B. We jumped to the top of the waiting list and got a referral!

Not so much. We are still waiting, waiting, waiting. We still have no real concrete information about what is happening/will happen in Ethiopia as far as how much of a decrease will really happen. We long to see the face of our baby boy soon, but we are just doing our best to trust Him and His timing. There has been some progress on the list, and our official number for the month of April is:














Yes, somehow I brought it full circle back to the Wildcats, didn't I? Maybe I really am still in depression and can't let go! :c) Anyways, we are happy for the movement and are praying for more movement soon so we can be in the teens!

So the real story is:

C. I am seriously just a blogging slacker. I have no excuse other than the fact that I have a two year old that never sits still, laundry to fold and dishes to clean during naptime, and now that it's getting warmer, like to be outside rather than in front of my computer. But I will try to do better, I promise!


Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure. **Please make sure to scroll down to the next post for the rest (I couldn't choose so I decided to post all these fun shots).**


4 comments:

Alison said...

Hey girl! Glad to have you back in the blog world! And love your new number!!! :)

linda said...

So glad you are back - I was getting worried!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly, Never think of yourself as a 'slacker'. You are an extremely busy mom and wife who is always doing some type of activity...teaching Miss Hallie Grace a variety of extremely important items, taking care of the homestead, insuring that both Miss Hallie Grace and your husband, Dr. Johnson, is well taken care of in every part of their lives.... and when that has all been completed, the last little bit of energy you have should be rightfully used on taking care of yourself! So how in the world would anyone ever consider you a 'slacker'.... Never! However, we dooooooooo appreciate your updating the blog when you can find a few minutes to do so. We appreciate so very much all your stories, your photos, etc. We love ya'll with all our hearts and thank God for each of you every single day! Love ya, Vinessa & Jeff, Mom and Dad, aka Mawmaw and Pawpaw

Anonymous said...

YOU are never a slacker!! Vinessa is so right--YOU do so much for your wonderful FAMILY!! LOVED seeing you all and your hubby makes the best hamburgers ever! We do LOVE the photos and look at them a million times for sure! ENJOY the SPRING times!LOVE the one of her Pawpaw and her so!! WE LOVE YOU CATS so!! MOM and DAD!!