There is still much uncertainty in the world of our adoption right now. There's rumors floating around that the Ministry of Women's Affairs may relax their five letters a day policy, but we have not received any official word from our agency about that so we will just continue to pray and trust. It is SO hard to let go of control and put this entire process in HIS hands, but that is what He has called us to do. We believe He already knows our son by name and He will lead us to him (and vice versa) in his timing. We are hoping to have more information this coming week and I will do my best to update you when I hear anything official. It is not easy to be in the fog...where there is so much unknown that we can't see clearly...so thank you for your continued prayers and encouragement.
In the midst of this difficult time, there has been much to praise Him about on our agency's listserv. Families received court dates, embassy dates, and referrals this week! We actually are unofficially....

on the list now. I wouldn't usually post an unofficial number, but with all the other stuff there may not be an official update this month, and I'm pretty confident of where we are unofficially based on the awesome listserv. Plus, Griffey is Josh's all time favorite player so he was very excited when we got to #24 because I could use his jersey picture. :c) A week or so ago, we were at #27, so we were halfway through the numbers from where we started (54). We made a little video to celebrate that milestone so I will post that below.
We're praying for another good week this week and of course for the Ethiopian government officials, agency reps, etc. etc. I've been singing the lyrics to this song over and over this week...
"Our God is greater, our God is stronger
God you are higher than any other
Our God is healer, awesome in power
Our God, our God
And if our God is for us, then who could ever stop us?
And if our God is with us, then what can stand against us?"
Also have been clinging to Psalm 55:22 "Cast your cares on the Lord, and He will sustain you. He will never let the righteous fall."
So encouraging to know He is walking right beside us, guiding us through the fog!!


3 comments:
Oh my!!! What a great video!! We are praying hard for this little brother!! Love your words and the video Kelly!! You all are the best!! Thanks for posting all this for us!! Prayers for you all! LOVE--MOM and DAD
Girl, we are right with ya'll! Praying hard and giving it all completely to Him every day! (Tough loss for us to UK in the SEC tournament!) :)
Praying for you guys. I know it is SO SO hard to wait... In God's most perfect timing!! I can tell you that b/c I've been there! Smile!! :)
Post a Comment