Let me start by saying that our ticker says we have been on the waitlist exactly six months. I had prayed that we would be at least halfway through the numbers by the six month mark, and we are not. So I'll be honest and say that without this past weekend, this post would have been one of frustration. However...
It was an amazing blessing for me to attend the Created for Care Retreat in Georgia this past weekend. Spending the weekend learning and worshipping alongside of 250 other adoptive mommas was truly incredible. I really wish I could sum up all of what I learned into a blog post, but it is just not possible. Some of it I am still processing, in a good way--it just challenged me and gave me a lot to think about. The best I can say is that on the ride down, I was so discouraged and about as low as you can get with regards to the whole adoption process. But on the ride back, I was feeling confident that God has us on this journey for a specific purpose and that He has a specific child chosen for our family that we will meet in His perfect timing. Does that mean it will be a smooth ride or we won't have ups and downs? Absolutely not---one of the things I appreciated most about our speakers was their realness--this is by no means an easy calling! But I am thankful that He gave me a true peace this weekend. It was wonderful to be able to go through it with my dear Kyle---to cry, pray, laugh, etc. etc. together. In addition, I rode down with two incredible ladies, Angie and Nancy (pictured below) who are fellow Kentuckians and really bonded with them through our travel talks. And I was so excited to connect with many other AGCI mommies (hate that I missed some of you, but the ones I did get to meet were just precious women of God). Thank you to my sweet hubby for being Mr. Mom for the weekend and encouraging me to go! I already can't wait to do it again next year!!



The video below is of several families represented at the retreat and was played the first night we were there. You'll catch a picture of Josh and I with our first official numbers, and later a cute one of Hallie and her sign about her brother!


4 comments:
I can't believe we didnt meet! Glad you had fun- I learned so much!
I am so thankful that God brought you and Kyle together not just as college roommates but as sisters!
Thank you Jesus!
LOVED getting to meet you this weekend, Kelly! You are so sweet! And you made me laugh with your "Miss Congeniality" comment! :) It was an amazing weekend!!!
Kelly, we're so glad and thankful that you had a great, rejuvenating weekend! It's just like you mentioned, God has chosen a special baby boy for you, Josh and Hallie, and he will come in God's perfect timing. Try and hang in there, and when you get a lil' down, look at the special blessing that He has given you, Josh and our families... lil' Miss Hallie Grace, and keep in mind, that God will never fail. We too had a great weekend and are so blessed. Hallie Grace is so, so precious. At many, many times, she seems to be much older than she actually is. You and Josh are doing an absolutely fantastic job in raising your daughter, and we are soooooooooooooooooo looking forward to your family being even more blessed with Silas Reed. Take care and know that our love abounds from the moon and back for each of you!!! Love always, Vinessa & Jeff, aka Mom & Dad, aka Mawmaw & Pawpaw
Post a Comment