Tuesday she went for her 6 month appointment, although she is closer to 7 months (we got behind due to Christmas and have been off schedule ever since). She weighed 17 pounds, 11 ounces and was almost 28 inches. Her weight was in the 70th percentile and her height in the 93rd. What a big girl she is! Our pediatrician said she's just perfect, which of course we already knew. :c)
Hallie is trying her best to crawl--she can get up on her hands and knees and just rocks back and forth, it's so cute. She also can pull herself up to standing if she has something that's just the right height and stable enough. We can't believe how time is flying by!
I wanted to post this poem my friend Heather sent me because it sums up a lot of how I feel about being a mommy.
Before I was a Mom,
I never tripped over toys or forgot words to a lullaby.
I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous.
I never thought about immunizations.
Before I was a Mom,
I had never been puked on.
Pooped on.
Chewed on.
Peed on.
I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts.
I slept all night.
I had never been puked on.
Pooped on.
Chewed on.
Peed on.
I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts.
I slept all night.
Before I was a Mom,
I never held down a screaming child so doctors could do tests. Or give shots.
I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.
I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.
Before I was a Mom,
I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put her down.
I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt.
I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much.
I never knew that I could love someone so much.
Before I was a Mom,
I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body.
I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby.
I didn't know that bond between a mother and her child.
I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important and happy.
Before I was a Mom,
I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay.
I had never known the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache, the wonderment or the satisfaction of being a Mom.
I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much, before I was a Mom.
I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay.
I had never known the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache, the wonderment or the satisfaction of being a Mom.
I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much, before I was a Mom.


1 comment:
oh my goodness..i miss hallie and you :) so much..look at her laughing..what an awesome picture...we have to see each other soon!
Post a Comment